GUARDIAN PROGRAM INFORMATION
In an effort to grow our Labradoodle family without turning our home into a kennel atmosphere, and to ensure all of our breeding dogs live a pampered life in their forever home, we have decided to begin a Guardian Home Program!
The guardian home dog is part of the guardian home’s family, while the breeding rights are retained by Labradoodle Story Tails for a set amount of time (3 litters). Once the guardian dog has completed her breeding career, she will be spayed at breeders expense, and will remain a forever pet of the Guardian Family and they may be compensated $2500 for completing the program if 4 litters are completed, for 3 litters there is no compensation. We also have another option for our responsible GH's that qualify coming up in the mix that affords the opportunity to raise a litter which offers greater compensation.
Guardian families will be under a legal contract with Breeder until their guardian dogs breeding career is complete. Guardian homes will undergo an interview and screening before chosen.
Guardian home families are responsible for the general routine veterinary care and wellness of the guardian dog placed with them. This means feeding a high quality dog food (approved by breeder, we prefer Wellness but are open to other holistic brands), basic grooming (non-professional is fine), flea/tick prevention when needed, socialization, regular exercise and most importantly, all the love and attention possible! Any “breeding related” medical costs for the guardian dog are the expense of the breeder-Labradoodle Story Tails.
Our Guardian Home (GH) program is a Win-Win for those that live in central or northern California.
It is really a great program and Labradoodle Story Tails would not be possible without our wonderful GH families. We prefer homes that have a family member working from home, work part-time or are retired so the dog is not left alone for extended periods of time. Preference also goes to homes that are interested in therapy training their dog.
We occasionally have males available for GH as well but they need to live within 30 min. of Galt, CA
Requirements of Guardian home:
- Own your own home.
- In good health and maintains an active lifestyle.
- Must have very secure physical fencing to provide a safe and secure environment for the guardian dog.
- All dogs and pups placed in guardian families must be indoor dogs, and never be left outside unattended for long periods of time.
- Guardian families must have reliable transportation, and a willingness to bring the guardian dog to breeder when needed
- Maintain open lines of communication with breeder concerning any and all matters concerning the guardian dog.
- Must alert breeder of any changes in dog including but not limited to: coming into heat, any injuries, any changes in health,etc...
- Have no intact male dogs in the house hold.
- Keep the Dog properly groomed, with care given to matting, ears and claws.
- Make certain that the dog is available for breeding purposes.
- Does not work full time or someone in the home is with the dog at least part time.
Please email us for our contract and list of complete requirements. If there is a requirement that you do not qualify for we may be flexible on some requirements, so please talk to us about your current living situation.
If you feel that you will make an excellent guardian home please email us back and explain why. Thank you for your interest in our guardian program!